Did you know:
You can report changes to your Ontario Works case online!
For more information, check out MyBenefits or ask your
Caseworker for details.
Ontario Works provides temporary financial assistance to those in need living in Lanark County while they work toward a common goal to become and stay employed.
Click on the headings below to receive more information.
- How to apply for Ontario Works
- [+] Applicant rights when applying for Ontario Works
Applicants have the right to:
- An application interview;
- Bring a person of their choice with them to the interview;
- A timely decision on their eligibility for Ontario Works Assistance;
- A written notice of the eligibility decision;
- The opportunity to have decisions reviewed.
- [+] What is expected from you while in receipt of Ontario Works?
Ontario Works recipients are expected to do several things:
- Attend periodic interviews with a Case Manager;
- Respond promptly to requests by a Case Manager;
- Report changes in living arrangements, all income and assets and any other changes;
- Repay all overpayments;
- Report income monthly using the Income Reporting Statement;
- Contact your Case Manager when they have questions or concerns;
- Sign a Participation Agreement (see next heading: "What is a Participation Agreement");
- Participate in employment-related activities that will bring them closer to financial independence.
- [+] What is a Participation Agreement?
When you apply for Ontario Works, you will be asked to develop a Participation Agreement (PA) with your caseworker. The PA is an agreement or contract with Ontario Works that outlines the activities you will do with the goal of preparing for, finding and keeping a job. The agreement is based on your skills and abilities, and can change as your circumstances change. Talk to your caseworker if you have health or other issues that could affect your participation in employment activities.
- Do you need help getting Family Support?
- How to report a questionable or fraud complaint
- How to appeal a decision
- What type of Employment Supports are available?