What is the Homeownership Program?
This program is funding through the Investment in Affordable Housing Program. It assists low to moderate income households currently renting a home in Lanark County or the Town of Smiths Falls to purchase a home by providing a forgivable down payment loan to a maximum of 5% of the purchase price of the home. The loan is forgivable after twenty years.
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Maximum household income $87,800
- Access to mortgage financing
- Home purchase price less than $301,819
- Home located in Lanark County or the Town of Smiths Falls
- Newly constructed or resale home (construction loans not available)
- Applicants must be renting in the County of Lanark or the Town of Smiths Falls
Annual funding is limited. Applications are approved on a first come first served basis.