We are no longer accepting applications for the 2020-2021 Homeownership Program.
What is the Homeownership Program?
This program is funding through the Investment in Affordable Housing Program. It assists low to moderate income households currently renting a home in Lanark County or the Town of Smiths Falls to purchase a home by providing a forgivable down payment loan to a maximum of 5% of the purchase price of the home. The loan is forgivable after twenty years.
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Maximum household income $91,400
- Access to mortgage financing
- Home purchase price less than $305,372.00
- Home located in Lanark County or the Town of Smiths Falls
- Newly constructed or resale home (construction loans not available)
- Applicants must be renting in the County of Lanark or the Town of Smiths Falls
Annual funding is limited. Applications are approved on a first come first served basis.
Quick LinksHomeownership Program Application - May 2020
Homeownership Program Frequently Asked Questions - May 2020
Homeownership Program Checklist - May 2020
Housing Services Caseworker
613-267-4200 ext. 2403
Toll Free: 1-888-952-6275
(preferred contact is through cell number or email)