ANNOUNCEMENT: LANARK COUNTY COVID-19 EMERGENCY CHILD CARE
During this COVID-19 outbreak Lanark County and the Province of Ontario recognizes health care and other essential front line workers must continue to go to work.
In order to support them with the care of their children, Lanark County Children’s Services is providing the provision of licensed child care, free of charge for residents of Lanark County as well as those that work in Lanark County.
While we recognize the safest place for children is at home we also recognize that this is not an option for some essential service workers. The approved child care providers are required to follow existing health and safety requirements and have a plan in place should any staff, children or parents be exposed to the virus.
Lanark County is working with our local Medical Officer of Health and approved child care operators to ensure that additional precautionary safety measures are put in place.
Workers supported through this initiative include but are not limited to:
- Health care, including pharmacy and paramedic
- Grocery stores
- Police and Fire Services
**Please note that professions supported through this program are not the same as the Essential Work Place list released by the Provincial Government March 21.
Refer to Professions Supported for Emergency Child Care list for the complete list the Province has approved for this program. At the moment the only professions in Lanark County that fall under #15 are grocery store and pharmacy staff.
Service Start Date:
April 6, 2020
Perth TayCare: 100 Wilson St E, Perth, ON K7H 1M4
Smiths Falls Child Development Centre: 73 Thurber St, Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4V1
- 18 months to 12 years old
How to apply:
Download and complete the application form
- For any questions concerning the application please call 613-267-4200 ext 2140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed applications can be sent with proof of employment and home address to Liane Clarke Child Care Caseworker email@example.com
What is needed to apply:
- Verification of employment as an essential service worker (pay stub, name badge, etc.)
- Proof that you live or work in Lanark County
- Hours of work
- Information of children: Name, age, list of immunizations
- Emergency contacts
- Confirmation that children have not symptoms, have not travelled out of Canada in the last 14 days and no contact with anyone having COVID-19.
Spaces are limited and reserved for those with no access to child care. Once spaces are filled a wait list will be maintained.
Child Care Policies & Parent Handbook
Emergency Child Care Policies and Procedures including both Child Care Centre’s Epidemic Plans
All EarlyON Child & Family Centre Programs are Cancelled as of March 14, 2020. This comes as a result of precautionary measures associated to COVID-19. While the local health unit indicates the risk remains low at this time we want to align our direction with the Province.
Please check https://crowlanark.com/earlyon/ for updates around the timing of the EarlyON programming resuming.
In Lanark County, Children’s Services is responsible for the administration of childcare funding under the Childcare and Early Years Act (CCEYA). Some services that the County funds are as follows:
- Fee Subsidy – provides financial assistance towards the cost of licensed child care programs or licensed home-based care (full or part-time, before and after school, nursery school, etc.).
- Who is Eligible for Fee Subsidy?
- Child Care Subsidy Wait List
- Special Needs Resourcing – provides direct and consultative support to licensed child care programs to enhance the integration of children with special needs.
- Resource Centre – provides a range of support services to parents and caregivers of young children in the community.
Lanark County Children’s Services
99 Christie Lake Rd.
Phone: (613)267-4200 ext. 2303 or 2304