WAGE ENHANCEMENT AND HOME CHILDCARE ENHANCEMENT GRANT
The Province of Ontario has recently introduced a new program intended to provide wage enhancement for program staff working in the Licensed Child Care Sector. In summary:
- 'Wage Enhancement' will support up to $ 2.00 per hour, plus 17.5% benefits, for Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECEs) and other Child Care Staff working in Licensed Child Care Centres.
- 'Home Child Care Enhancement Grant' will support an increase of up to $ 20.00 per day for Home Child Care Providers under contract with Licensed Home Child Care Agencies.
- The Province has committed $ 269 Million over 3 years to support its wage enhancement program across the Province of Ontario.
Enhanced compensation is intended to:
- Help 'close the gap' between compensation of RECEs working in School Board Kindergarten Classrooms compared to compensation of RECEs working in Licensed Child Care Programs.
- Help stabilize Licensed Child Care Programs by assisting Operators with staff retention
- Support greater employment and income security.
- Lanark County is responsible for managing implementation at the local level in accordance with recently released Provincial Guidelines and local Municipal Policy.
- It is up to Licensed Child Care Operators to apply for funding for all eligible staff positions.
After the application has been posted operators will have 45 days to complete and submit the application. Any applications received after the set deadline of March 17th will not be accepted.
Application for Provincial Wage Enhancement Funding - Child Care Centres & Home Visitors (2017)
Provincial Home Child Care Enhancement Grant Application Instructions - Private Home Child Care Agency (2017)
Wage Enhancement Q and A's
Letter to Providers