Operations include day to day preventative maintenance activities and safety related activities necessary to meet the objective of safe and efficient movement of traffic on the County Road System.
Safety related activities include:
- Winter Control - Snow removal and application of winter materials (Grit, Salt)
- Grading of gravel surfaces
- Removal of debris and litter
- Sign installation and repair, removal of unauthorized signs
- Traffic Control Device maintenance
- Edgeline, Centreline and Other Pavement Markings
- Vegetation control (Roadside Mowing, Brushing and Weed Spraying)
- Safety Barrier maintenance
Preventative maintenance involves activities which are necessary to protect and prolong the life of the asset.
Preventative maintenance activities include:
- Surface patching and repair
- Crack filling and sealing
- Structure inspection, cleaning and repair
Maintenance Activities are carried out by Lanark County Public Works Staff and various Contractors.
Visit the “Maintenance Operations Activities” link to the right for a listing of current activities and their scheduled dates.
County Roadway Line Painting
Please see the attached notice for information regarding line painting taking place on roads throughout the County.