Below are common applications, permits and licenses required by Lanark County, or your local Municipality. Please select your topic of interest for further information.

 Birth & Death Certificates

 Issuing or replacing Ontario birth certificates are the responsibility of the Province of   Ontario. For inquiries, please contact: 1-800-461-2156.

 A death certificate is a document containing the details of a death that took place in   Ontario, and is   issued by the Province of Ontario

 Building Permits
 Building Permits are issued and regulated at the local Municipal level.
 Burn Permits
 For burn permit information, please see our fire safety page.
 Development and Land Use Planning

 The forms and fees page under the Development and Land Use Planning section of the   website will give you access to subdivision and condominium applications,   consents (land severances), and part-lot control applications.

 Freedom of Information
 For FIO requests, please see our Freedom of Information page.
 Marriage Licenses

 Marriage licenses are issued at the local Municipal level. The following Municipalities   within Lanark   County issue licenses:

 Oaths and Affidavits

 For Oath and Affidavit information, please see our Commissioner of Oath page.

 Roads, Trails and Transit
The following road permits are available through the Public Works Department:
Special Event Permits

 Special event permits are issued through the local Municipal level.

 Our Public Works department issue special event permits for county road closures.

 Tax Certificates
 Property taxes are the responsibility of the local Municipal level. If you are unsure as   to which Municipality your property belongs to, please contact the Clerks Department.

Contact Us